Sunday, April 19, 2009

Tea Party


Finally back to the blog. I've been to a Ladies' Retreat this weekend that was over the top great. More about that later.

I promised more on tax day and here it is, another page out of my scrapbook. Two of my friends and I went to one of the hundreds of tea parties held in our nation on April 15th. Phyllis asked me to go weeks ago. I thought it wouldn't be possible, but at the very last minute things worked out and I made up some signs for us. They would have looked better with more time...but the message was clear...TOO MUCH TAX from our greedy, power hungry representatives in Washington!

I never thought I'd protest anything. But then I never thought OUR government could screw things up so quickly either. We the people have been quiet much too long. It is time we let our officials know they can't get away with running over our constitution. We have had ENOUGH!

I'll publish more pictures later. I took 258. Don't let anyone pull one over on you. This was not a small number of old white males protesting. All ages were well represented and I would say an equal number of males and females. Of course this was in the middle of the day when most people had to be at work.

If you have gotten the wrong impression about the demonstrations, stop watching CNN!

No comments:

Post a Comment