Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Relief Sale and Auction

About a month ago, July 31st, we were happy to join Bernadette and Hank Prusinski to Amish country for a quilt auction and dinner. The fund raiser was held by Mennonites and supported by Amish, Apostolic, and Brethren churches as well. The quilts were quite gorgeous. It shows what women can do when they are taught at the hand of their mothers and when they are not car pooling the proverbial rat race. Each was a work of art, exquisitely hand made.

Whenever I am in Amish country, I am reminded of their lifestyle and admire the simplicity. Even though I can't agree with many of the their teachings, I respect them for taking care of their own. They do not depend on government to take care of them. They are very independent and thus are much more free than the 'English' as they call us. I pray they will hold on to their ways and avoid the consequences of a government run rampant.

No comments:

Post a Comment