Thursday, September 24, 2009

Indian Corn / First Day of Fall

I have a bad cold, but I can still get on the computer. I'm thankful for laptops!

Yesterday was the first day of fall. I didn't realize it until evening. It even looks a little bit like autumn is here. There were a few browned oak leaves falling today. Few leaves have turned, however. But it certainly looks like it will be earlier this year. Even though the temperature has been quite warm during the day, we have been getting those cool nights, which usher in fall and the turning of colors.

I truly love this time of year...do not dread winter. At least haven't before now. With the new administration, however, winter could be pretty cold. They are managing to give us change that we never would want...change like higher fuel costs, higher taxes and loss of jobs. It could be a mighty cold winter. I find myself wishing it were the fall of 2010 already and we could vote the bums out of congress.

No comments:

Post a Comment