Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Becoming Less Colorful

Having 6 children has always been good at holidays because there were always some who could be here. But I have to admit I'm jealous of those who have their children living nearby, or at least close enough to see them at Christmas.

I AM thankful that April and her family will be here Christmas day, but I will miss everyone else. It has been about 20 years since we have had the whole family together. That just isn't right.

We have even toned down our decorations this year. There is only one tree and it is the smaller one. The outside looks like we went south for the winter... no twinkling stars, no reindeer, no candles in the windows, no wreath. No wonder I'm sad.

And on top of it all, we have elected a president who has banned Christmas from the White House. How far we've fallen in the last 11 months!

I don't want to leave on this sad note. I will kneel and pray and God will bring me a better attitude tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment