Thursday, January 14, 2010

Birthday Celebration

Yes, we still celebrate birthdays. Age is only a number, they say. I'm not sure who 'they' are, but I like to think 'they' are right on this one. Why worry about a number? You can't ever run out of them. And there is even a chance you'll get a letter from the president if you get to 100 ...and that looks nice in print, doesn't it?

I like to tease Phyllis about being old, although I'm the oldest in our group. She believes that 'old' is 10 years older than you are, no matter what your age. Sounds plausible to me.

If you are still not convinced. If you tremble every time you even think of getting older, remember birthdays are better than the alternative.

Thank you God, for Phyllis and all my friends in ORU and the opportunity to get together and celebrate our years. And I thank God as well for safety as we drove on treacherous snow covered roads to reach O'Charley's.

No comments:

Post a Comment