Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Evening Out

Sunday evening we didn't have Life Group, but 3 of us couples couldn't stand the thought of missing each other, so we got together for dinner and a movie. It was my first time to House of Hunan. It had an interesting wall of tile. Our waiter told us to come back for Chinese New Year, for they always have a great celebration. I'm pretty wimpy when it comes to ordering Chinese; but I always like Sweet and Sour Chicken and fried rice. I wasn't disappointed. Of course one of Ron's favorite foods is sushi and he was able to get something very tasty...at least to him. I don't even like to think about it.

The movie was the big treat. I had been told be several friends to see Blind Side but knew it included football. That would be enough to turn me off big time; but they all persuaded me to go.
Am so glad they kept at it, because it will be remembered for years as one of the best films I've ever seen. And that is something when over many, many years we went to the theater at least once a week. We made a habit of it until about 5 years ago when we moved and bought a huge TV. Now hubby doesn't want to spend the money to go out when he is more comfortable at home. There are not many I can watch now that can keep me awake. I generally snooze off and on and especially through the last 20 minutes to 1/2 hour. I seldom ever know how a movie ends. But I understand they generally don't have happy endings anymore anyway. I never like to see a movie I've seen before unless it keeps me laughing because I can't laugh and sleep at the same time. Blind Side might be different. I could possibly go back and see it at least once more, even though I could probably tell you what happened scene by scene all the way through. Yes, it was that good...and if you haven't seen it, make plans now.

No comments:

Post a Comment