Sunday, February 21, 2010

Grab a Frame from Movie

A person would think that I, with a new grand baby boy and a recent trip to Hawaii, would have plenty of pictures for the rest of the year. But here I am offering something quite different, and having to go back to last April for the pictures.

I must confess that over the last year I've wanted to add some type of hardware or software to my computer that would allow me to stop movies and take still frames for layouts. I've been frustrated because I couldn't get my computer expert interested in that pursuit. But a few nights ago when I just couldn't sleep and was exploring Photoshop (PSE) to see if I had missed anything, I came upon the very feature I had wished for all this time. When I go to File/Import, as in search of the scanner, I find "Frame from Video..." . I had to try it right then... found that the quality of these frames is no where near what I get with my DSL or Canon Power Shot Digital Elph, but they do help me tell a story...and I am happy.

Now I can show my friend, Phyllis do the hula. I'm sure this feature will serve me well. There are lots of possibilities.

1 comment: