Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Snow Painting

It is definitely winter here. The groundhog, no matter what he saw, has not helped us yet this year.

This cold could grow old...and it does when the white is sprinkled with soot. But to me, it is beautiful when day to day it snows enough to keep a white covering on the ground. Lamentations 3:23, "...new every morning; great is your faithfulness."

This Bible verse comes to mind: Psalm 51:7 "Cleanse me with hyssop, and I will be clean; wash me and I will be whiter than snow."

Since we are but imperfect humans, God's son, Christ, gave his life for us...shed his blood on the cross to 'wash away our sins'. We must rely on our Father God in heaven to continually cleanse our lives of sin...and by grace he does just that, day to day as long as we follow Him in faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment