Sunday, May 23, 2010

Coffee





There is more to Hawaii than beaches. We tried to see as much as we could. So we chose to stop at the Kauai Coffee Company at Hanapepe.

Most people I know drink coffee. I tried when I was doing marathon nights of study during college, but could never stand the taste of it. Later in life when I had 5 children at home, I got my caffeine from Coke. It not only helped me keep awake to finish all the chores, but it added lots of pounds to my frame.

Finally, I realized that I couldn't drink coke (not even diet) and have a figure at the same time and started drinking water. I've learned to love it. However, I guess I started eating more as well and am still heavy.

Sorry I'm overweight and sorry that really doesn't have anything to do with these layouts. I got lost and probably lost you as well. But, if you are still there. I started out to say, I am under doctor's advisory to avoid caffeine...for my stomach's sake. But of course Ron, Denny and Teece were quite interested in seeing the coffee plantation and tasting their products. As usual, I was interested in the company and the scrapbooking opportunity.

Check out the vintage coffee grinder in the last layout. Vintage...history, that ties this into our choice of social studies text books. I just have to say that I'm pleased with the Texas text book publishers, who have chosen to put actual history in their school books for the next 10 years. What do you think of that? We'll have pure, unadulterated history devoid of excess fluff and not watered down...or dumbed down as many say. It certainly would be to our advantage to teach our children our Constitution, our real history... our Christian heritage.

It could help them avoid doing stupid things like electing presidents who can not or WILL NOT prove their citizenship. Thank you Texas. Thank you, God.

No comments:

Post a Comment