Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Lighthouse

This beautiful view of the Kilauea Lighthouse just gives me sweet chills. I'm not sure what it is about light houses; but I will go out of my way to see them. Photography gives me the reason I need to look for them wherever we go. My first such focused trip was to see the lighthouse in Sandusky. We called it a scrapbooking opportunity. It fed my addiction to cameras, paper and such at the time. Now my sickness is digital and involves this computer. I'm still chasing light- houses.

These towers stand tall, waiting and searching endlessly for the lost, offering them a safe harbor.
As I think about that, it reminds me of our Lord Jesus who said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12

The Bible also tells us, "For the Son of Man (Jesus) came to seek and to save what was lost." Luke 19:10 Man was lost in sin, but Jesus came to earth to show us a better way of life by his example. He reaches out to us. All we have to do is respond. He will lovingly save us and give us eternal life with him.

Jesus is always present. All you have to do is reach out for him. Matthew 7:7 reads, "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

John called Jesus the true light in John 1:9. Matthew said to Christians,"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden." Matthew 5:14

I hope you saw Glenn Beck tonight on Fox News. If you did not, perhaps someone you know recorded it. Or you might be able to go to www.Glennbeck.com and get the gist of it. Check out Glenn's must read: Sacred Fire under HEADLINES.

No comments:

Post a Comment