Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day

It's been a wonderful Mother's Day. Considering that the kids all live so far away, I was very happy to hear from them and have one with me for the day. April came in last night. I appreciate her sacrifice. She actually gave up being at home with her own daughter/ my grand daughter who had just returned from the university for the summer. I pray that Lauren will be an attentive daughter, like April is for me, when she gets older.

I haven't any pictures...I know that doesn't sounds like me. But we truly didn't think to take any. I'll have to take pictures of the lovely flowers she brought, and offered to plant for me. It was much too cold today to allow her to get out and do that. It will warm up this week and I'll plant them near my door so that I'll see them every day. They are so pretty, bright and festive, just like a party.

Pictures I do have new, as of yesterday, are the ones in this layout. Caleb is just hanging out in the big chair, happy as can be. When I saw the train on his outfit I thought of how much little boys like their trains...so do most big boys. I also thought about the verse in Proverbs, verse 22:6 that says, "Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it." Of course they all have the freedom to choose to follow God or not. But that verse can be a lot of comfort to those whose children are going through rough times and questioning their faith.

It is also comforting to know these little ones are so loved by God. In Matthew 18:3, Jesus said: "I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven."

May God bless all the mothers this day with love, peace and comfort.



No comments:

Post a Comment