Sunday, June 13, 2010

Birthday Celebration Part Two


Last Tuesday night I answered the telephone after 8:00 and was summoned to Friendly's where my husband and a few neighbor friends had gathered. After we ate ice cream, and everyone wished me a happy birthday, Kay bought me an ice cream cake to take home. So Wednesday night, they came over after church and we had ice cream again. In the meantime, the girls met at Chipoltle in Hudson Wednesday for lunch. We ate and then progressed across the street to Dairy Queen for another celebration with ... ICE CREAM. What a birthday.

Several of us decided that we could adopt a 'private' little area at Dairy Queen for meetings. It had a sofa and chairs and a mounted wide screen TV. It was quite cozy. With just a little personalization, the room would be perfect for us. And ice cream is readily available!

What are a few heath blizzards when you are able to avoid the scale? (See layout.)

Now, tonight our lifegroup meeting took place at Buca di Peppo. There were funny cards for both me and Ron, whose birthday is the day after mine. And of course, there was more ice cream, chocolate this time with brownies. Now that I've put on at least 50 pounds this week, I will need to spend my 67th year dieting.

After this eating spree was all over...yes it is, I remembered the Bible verse which says
"...and put a knife to your throat if you are given to gluttony." Proverbs 23:2 Whoops.


No comments:

Post a Comment