Sunday, June 20, 2010

Son is Now a Father

Time flies when...you are raising a family. A short while ago I gave birth to a 7 pound baby boy. He is still my baby, but today he is celebrating his first Father's Day with Caleb in his arms. In some ways it seems like such a short time, yet it seems like forever since I held a baby up to my chest and snuggled him.

What a joy 'grandmothering' is. I would like to hold him forever, but he too must grow and I realize it will be much too fast. It has been hard letting him go home to Colorado, but I hope to see him on Skype. It won't feel as good, but it beats the old days when I was a child and my grandmother lived in Texas and we in Ohio. We didn't even get together once a year. How sad.

I pray he will grow up knowing why America is a great country and loving it. We have a fight on our hands however, for our nation is in danger. It is in danger from those outside and even 'citizens' (they used to call them traitors) who want our demise.

Imagine a jury that condemns a man to die before they listen to all the evidence. Americans would decry that type of behavior. Yet we have congressman and others high up in our government who will vote on bills they haven't read and listen instead to what others tell them to think.

Would you believe that Attorney General Eric Holder wants to sue the state of Arizona over a law that he admits he has never read? Google it if you don't believe. There are videos of him on Sunday talk shows. By the way, the law is only 10 pages long and should be familiar to him, because it is actually a federal law, which the government refuses to enforce. It does not call for stopping anyone for suspicion of being an illegal alien. It only permits them to ask for papers if they have broken another law, such as traffic laws or robbery, rape, murder, etc. The federal government is going out of their way to be uncooperative and to punish the state, which is well within it's rights. States, arise and let yourselves be heard. States do have rights. Stand together for Arizona. Or the federal government will come after you next.

2 comments:

  1. You scared me for a little bit, but I looked back at other pictures. I couldn't tell by your dad, he still looked very young in '80.

    Yes, that was our bed at that time. Remember his crib was in our bedroom for a while until April went away to school in Florida and freed up the fourth bedroom. I have a picture of him on my bed , but the spread was pulled back, so I couldn't see it. But this was the clincher: I have a picture of him in his crib. The drapes behind it matched the bedspread in the blog picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah OK. Dad does look young in this picture.

    ReplyDelete