Thursday, July 8, 2010

A Cloudy Sunset

I love this picture we took toward the east during a sunset on a cloudy evening. It reminds me of what I see in the early morning on those rare occasions when I am up in time to enjoy the affect of dawn on the houses across the lake to the west of us.

In our last home, not much more than a mile from here, we saw the most glorious sunsets and the light of dawn across the lake to the west. I miss that open expanse of water with the sun streaming across. But we are blessed here as well. The scene just isn't quite as splendid.

We passed this area on our lake as we motored by on the way home from a nice pontoon ride with our daughter, Chelle, her husband Greg and the triplets. We had taken an elderly neighbor man as well and were able to learn much about his history here as the builder of many of the docks.

If you haven't been in the habit of double clicking on the layouts to enlarge them, try it on this one. It looks much better that way.

Not all sunsets are beautiful. Some are excessively dark and cloudy. I never ever thought that my sunset years could be clouded by so much hatred aimed at other people. I never thought that Robin Hood would become president. I never thought that when Khrushchev pounded his shoe on the table and said they would bury us that we would let that happen.


No comments:

Post a Comment