Friday, July 2, 2010

Feeding the Swan

I'm not sure what it is, but I love to see the swans. Once I looked out in early December and saw 'seven swans a swimming'. I'll never forget that.

One of our neighbors fed the swans until he saw one kill a duck baby or something like that and he quit feeding them.

I have already confessed to you that I'm afraid of feathered creatures. But for some reason, swans don't frighten me. I guess it is because they are in the water and I am not. I am nice to them and they are so beautiful. I have heard all the tales. One of our neighbors was attacked, but I remain calm around them. I don't expect them to fly into my hair. So we live peacefully together here.

These big birds have not visited me much in the past, but yesterday evening when we returned from a boat ride, one was waiting by the dock. The kids ran to the house and got bread for them. This fellow in the layout ate all of it.

This afternoon, I saw him a few doors down. ( I am assuming it is a 'him' and that it is not another swan. ) I went after bread (homemade and healthy) but he was too far away by the time I got back to the shore and I couldn't get his attention. I'm hoping that he will make it a practice to visit frequently.

There needs to be a lot of distraction now for me to keep happy in this economy and with someone in the White House who calls the Statue of Liberty the 'Statue of Immigration'. Sorry, but it is not. Study for yourself and see if I'm right or wrong. I wouldn't say it if I didn't think I'm right. But if I'm wrong, let me know. I'm like Glenn Beck there. I just don't have a red phone on my desk that is left free for the president to call at any time like Glenn does. Glenn asks the White House to call any time he has make a mistake and to tell him where he is wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment