Friday, July 30, 2010

Five GuysHere in Town

This is not going to be good for my already enlarged figure. Five Guys opened a place within 20 minutes of us. All of us girls are loving it and hating it at the same time. Four of us met there recently to feast on fries and burgers. Teresa was late due to her busy day, so she is not in this picture. By the time she got there, we had dived into the grub and no longer cared about pictures or anything else, for that matter. My friends warned me...they serve way too many fries. So share. But I was so starved for these scrumptious fries that I ate my whole order. Of course now, I'm wearing them.

I guess I'm one of those greedy Americans so many are talking about. One might call me greedy, but I don't want to see my fellow man hungry. I want to see jobs plentiful again so that all can work and make a living and not have to depend on handouts from the government or anyone else. Naturally as the Bible says, the poor will always be with us and each of us is called by God to reach out in love as He has loved and prospered us to supply the needs of those we know or see every day...not so much those on the street corners holding signs and wearing Nikes, but in our neighborhoods, families and churches.

And as for the rich...they are the ones who make jobs available for the rest of us who need to work. Did you ever get a job from a poor man? Do you know any 'rich' man you would like to see fail? When they do, many lose their jobs...unless of course they are rich because of starring in movies out in Hollywood. We could probably do without lots of them, or at least pay them a lot less. But then, who is to say how much a man's talent is worth. I wouldn't want to be the one to tell Barbara Striesand that her voice isn't worth that much. I do love to hear her sing and I've even laid out money to buy her records...in the past.

Let's all try to start looking more inward and improving ourselves and quit looking at whom we can bring down. It'll make a much better world.

No comments:

Post a Comment