Thursday, August 12, 2010

The Bloom Has Gone off the Rose

Home is where your flowers grow. I love my flowers. But, alas, evidently I don't love them enough. This picture was taken in June. Now everything is scorched. Even though our sprinklers come on every morning to water the grass, it doesn't stay on long enough to do the job in this heat. And even worse, it doesn't spray the flowers. They are all dependent on my dragging hoses around the yard...and it's been too hot for that. To me it is hot when it reaches 76 F degrees. It has been in the 90s a lot the last couple of months. I'll have to remember this when there is snow on the ground and it is 10 degrees. But as I have always said, you can always put on more clothes, but you can't take off enough.

The poor flowers are drying on their stems. Only a few of the more hardy and drought resistant ones are still perky and colorful. The bloom has gone off the rose.

And so it is with the glory of the 'new' administration. The bloom is gone. It has faded into despair. Jobs are diminishing, property values are falling, taxing are escalating. Joy...where is it? I guess it all went to Spain with Michelle.

No comments:

Post a Comment