Sunday, October 3, 2010

The Artist in Me

If you double click, you will see the artistic effect that I applied to this photograph taken on my way to church.

God certainly made us a beautiful world in which to live. Even though in many places we have messed with it, His handiwork is evident. But there is even a more wonderful place waiting for those who find Him, embrace Him and obey Him. Since He is a loving God, full of grace, He pardons us for our sins and gives us his Holy Spirit to live within us and guide us day by day. What a comfort to know we are His!

I was reminded of a song we sang many years ago that went like this: "This world is not my home. I've just a passing through. My treasure is laid up somewhere beyond the blue. The angels beckon me from heavens open door and I can't feel at home in this world anymore. "
The older I get, the more this song rings true to me. I'm not saying I don't enjoy my relationships with family and friends because I truly do...but there is something even better waiting on the other side. What a glorious feeling to know that I am His and I'm in His care.
God is love. His door is always open. Make the choice to serve Him.

Well, I am a little disappointed. The look of brushstrokes that I applied to this picture is missing on line. It must not have as many pixels as it does on my computer, where it appears to have been painted.



1 comment: