Thursday, October 21, 2010

Golf Cart With Hind Sight


This golf cart certainly came in handy over the weekend. Kim drove us all around the mountain side. We explored in comfort. I had the back rear facing seat and was able to get clear pictures without shooting through the windshield .

Isn't it true that we can usually see things more clearly in hindsight? Well looking back on the last election, many people are seeing things more realistically and will be voting just the opposite way this November.

I suppose you've heard about the NPR firing Juan Williams. Can't believe I'm taking up for Juan, but we do live in a free country (I think.) On Fox News while talking to Bill O'Reilly, Juan said, " I'm not a bigot. You know the kind of books I've written about the civil rights movement in this country, but when I get on a plane, I've got tell you, if I see people who are in Muslim garb and I think, you know, they're identifying themselves first and foremost as Muslims, I get worried, I get nervous. Now, I remember also that when the Times Square bomber was at court, I think this is just last week, he said the war with Muslims, America's war with, is just beginning, first drop of blood. I don't think there's any way to get away from these facts."

Do you know many people who don't feel exactly that way? Ignoring the facts has gotten us into some messes already, for example at Fort Hood. Yet the NPR fired him.

I suppose you realize that the American tax payers are the ones footing the bill for the NPR...which is not really a constitutional function of the federal government. It has leaned toward the liberals for quite some time, but they have gotten away with it; because most Americans have not been people to make a lot of waves. However, a sleeping giant has been awakened and we are just not going to sit back and let the feds run over us any more!

I like Newt Gingerich's suggestion that we yank the NPR funding. We certainly don't need any more terrorist sympathizers on the payroll. Our tax dollars are needed for more important endeavors.


No comments:

Post a Comment