Monday, January 10, 2011

Compliments To the Chef

It is great to get help in the kitchen, especially from a handsome white haired man.  Ron offered to help with the turkey two years in a row.  It helps me quite a bit, because he cooks it in the roaster oven which leaves my oven free for everything else. I always start cooking two days ahead and still have a lot to do on Christmas day.  So, I really appreciate him being there.

The only thing I would like better would be for him to decide to take over the cooking altogether. I have enough to do behind the camera. Of course, I doubt that will happen.

 Ron is also my tech man. I need him  to keep my computer behaving.  Speaking of computers...
I have no doubt the feds are trying to pull the wool over our eyes again. I'm not looking forward to this, but  if our president has his way, everyAmerican will  soon have his/her own Internet ID number.  He has given authority to the U.S. Commenrce Department to follow through with this freedom restricting idea. It is quite interesting to see how they are presenting it as a wonderful thing to protect us.  Of course what it will do is allow the government to monitor what we personally do on the internet through a centralized database.

 They have given it a catchy moniker : The National Strategy for Trusted Identities in Cyberspace.  Doesn't that sound like a caring government?  Well it opens the door to an infringement of individual rights.

That seems to be their MO now, well actually for the last few decades.  It is called incrementalisn.  They take small steps that lead to big overhauls of our system.  Don't let them trick you. Remember how good an Obama presidency sounded  weeks before the election of '08?

No comments:

Post a Comment