Friday, March 11, 2011

Brownie



Remember the Brownie camera?  That was a forerunner of the cell phone. :)  It took pictures and if I remember correctly, most people had one...at least the people I knew.  Film is what came before digital. I'm trying to remember, should probably google to see, how many pictures were on a roll.  It seems like it may have been 12 at that time.     A few years after this, my mom developed her own film in her darkroom.  

After I was married I remember having a roll of film in our camera for a couple of years. I depended on my mom to make most of the pictures for us.

The pictures on this layout were taken with a Brownie.  While I am used to taking group pictures and then photoshopping myself into them, my dad just tied a string to the shutter and pulled to get this family photo. It may have been primitive, but it worked and I now have this picture, with Dad's hand written words on the back, telling how he took it.

Memories are flooding into my head as I do one page after another for my next book, one on my childhood. And yes, Ron, someone does want it when I'm gone. So please see that Chelle gets it.

 Please pray for all those involved in any way with the horrendous tragedy in Japan and the consequent tsunami in Hawaii.

 There is so much suffering in the world today.  I often wonder if we are going into the last days that God promised would happen before He comes again.

No comments:

Post a Comment