Monday, April 11, 2011

Eagle Cam


There are several cameras nationwide watching eagles nests. I was watching one, in Virginia I believe, earlier this year and found it disconcerting when only one egg hatched. Then the mother left that one small baby alone for what I thought was way too long, I was very uncomfortable about it. When I checked back and the nest was empty, I quit watching.  I really don't want to know what happened.

So when a friend recently sent me a link to this site in Illinois, I hesitated before I looked at it. With a little prodding, I began checking it once in a while.  Now I'm hooked. I am addicted to Eagle Cam. For long periods of time, I can sit here and watch the eagles in their nest, high in a tree.  Because I was watching once when the camera swiveled and showed the surrounding countryside, I know it is across the river from a beautiful horse farm. A paved road runs along one side that brings people eager for a glimpse of the regal birds.

The mother takes very good care of the little fluffy eaglets. Sometimes the father soars in and takes over for a  short time while the mother flies off to find a large fish or other treat to shock the nest with food.  Before, the father would leave when she returned.  But yesterday, they were both there ...one big happy family, for quite a while.

The babies are growing so quickly and are even showing some sibling rivalry.  God's creation... LIVE...24/7.

If you would like to look for yourself, Her is the link: http://www.ustream.tv/channel-popup/decorah-eagles

No comments:

Post a Comment