Saturday, April 2, 2011

On the Beach


On a day like today in Ohio, one could flitter  away her day wishing she were on the beach. As you can see, I did some of that over the last 24 hours.  I had to drag out these pictures and make a layout of "Robin's' pier.

Even Nashville would be good. I hear the tulips are up and everything is sunny.  Oh well, I'll just have to wait for Spring this year; for I don't have the time to get away.  Will not tie myself up like this with so many obligations at this time of year again.  So far, I've missed at least two trips out of state.

It has been fun though reconnecting with old high school friends...long forgotten friends.

I'm trying to keep conversations pleasant, but I'm wondering how they feel about the state of the nation.  After all they had the same teachers I did back then.  And our government teacher (the very best teacher ever in this country, I'm sure) taught us well.  We know communism when we see it  and  dictator wantabes when they circumvent  the law.

Please pray for strength of our congressmen and women.  They must hold their ground and insist on budget cuts that will actually make a difference. Otherwise, all hope is lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment