Friday, April 15, 2011

Psalms 23



Examining these pictures as I have been for the first time (I had always  just glanced at them as I thumbed through boxes of pictures ) I see details that I've never really noticed before. For example, the dead tree in the background. I have always thought this was my birthday picture in 1948.  However my birthday is in June and that tree is not in June! From other pictures I've found, I believe the tree is not dead and this picture had to be taken some time other than June.  But because of a lack of any other picture I would think was my birthday, I'm not redoing this layout. I was definitely 5.

God knows what day this photo was taken and it isn't necessary that I do, so I have calmed myself. It isn't a big deal.  God has promised if I love Him above all, He will take care of the details.

Thinking about that, Psalms 23 came to me with more meaning than I have ever felt  it before.  My public school teacher, Mrs. Clark, had us memorize it in 3rd grade.  I suppose because God gives us what we need, when we need it, the verses means much more to me right now because I've been quite concerned about what will happen to us if or when conditions get really bad for us law abiding citizens.  There really isn't any really good human plan to protect oneself and those we love.

Read and absorb this scripture from the King James Version of the Bible (That is the way I  first learned it.)  Psalm 23:  The Lord is my shepherd. I SHALL  NOT WANT.  He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I WILL FEAR NO EVIL: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest me head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely GOODNESS and MERCY will follow me All The Days OF MY LIFE: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment