Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Spring Rains and Blooms for Caleb


If Caleb were a little older, he would probably remember this trip for the amount of rain and hale we've had. I have pictures of him peering out our window at the hale and torrents of rain that flooded our drive and made it look like our house was right on the lake. For a boy from Colorado, he is not used to seeing so much rain. Of course at 15 months he'll not keep that with him. He's not even likely to  remember Boettler Park where these pictures were taken or the little girl who took him under her wing at the slides and 
'mothered' him until we left the area and then followed.  This is her with him at the top of the layout.

He is familiar with flowers and when he came upon a few dandelions flowering in the grass, he just had to pick one and take it to his mother, Beth.  (His little mother had been called away.)  

He is back in Colorado now, having met his daddy at the airport for a ride home, after a flight that ended up being much longer because of bad weather there in Denver.  He was good for the most part, but when they went into a holding pattern, the announcement by the pilot boomed over the plane and wakened Caleb, who then began to cry and continued until his feet were on the ground. Not  pleasant for anyone there.   

His daddy's plane was held up by the weather as well and so he was there only 40 minutes before they arrived.  

Meanwhile, back in Ohio, we were watching American Idol. Wow, it is tough to choose a winner this year. James, the one who was cut last week, shouldn't have been. Now this time someone else must go. In my book, all three deserve to win.  I  had a hard time deciding for whom to vote, but after they sang three songs, I went for Lauren Alaina. I love Scotty and know he will make it big, but the girls both outdid him tonight.  Even though the girls are equally good, it was easy for me to choose, because I  don't like the  type of rock that Haley sings and Lauren is just a sweetheart.  I don't think there is any doubt though that all four, these three and James will all be stars.  And if you think that isn't a  great season, consider that Pia, who was cut several weeks ago, already has a recording contract.

Nothing deep, I know.  We just need a day like this once in a while. 

 Sorry, I missed the time.  I'm 5 minutes late, so I technically missed a day at blogging.  Guess I'll have to make it up by posting twice tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment