Saturday, July 16, 2011

Today's Little Moments



It is true, the little things sometimes stick with us, both the bad and the pleasant. I remember the apple tree in our backyard. I remember my mother's sewing machine. I remember standing on the small porch which came off the second story when I was about two.  Once we moved to Portage Lakes, I remember looking out the window and seeing the tower in the city of Akron. The scene is still there when I close my eyes and  'look' out the window in my mind.  It is a tower that for years has been hidden  from that house by mature trees both on that property and on many throughout the five or so miles to town.

As I took these pictures, I wondered whether Caleb would remember looking at the lake from Gramma's window.  Only time will tell.

The little innocent ones who have not yet learned to do evil, deserve a country where they can grow up in the love of their families and God.  We must turn from that which is wicked and follow our Savior Jesus Christ, in order to save this nation from those who would destroy it and us.

"Therefore, get rid of all moral filth and the evil that is so prevalent and humbly accept the word planted in you, which can save you."   James 1:21

No comments:

Post a Comment