Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Bow and Arrow



When someone  works long hours, he needs  to get far enough away from that world to actually rest his head. I'm very proud that our son-in-law takes his business seriously and works steadfastly for weeks on end. And I'm also happy he has a hobby that allows him to catch his breath and recoup.  He loves to hunt, enough so that  he  works at it.  But it still gives him a break from the norm and allows him to rest his head. He can sit very still in a tree watching for deer for hours.

 Check out this bow. It is a strange contraption, much different from how I picture one.

It has been said that the male of the species (Homo sapiens) has a brain with an empty box. This allows them to think about nothing. While the female is constantly thinking about everything else at once.  It makes sense that not many woman would want to hunt...not only would they not want to hurt someone's mother, for example, but they wouldn't be able to sit or stand there for long times without thinking. For example if I were out there, I'd have so many thoughts going through my mind that I would forget why I was out there to start with.

Sometimes when I go to the grocery store and am forced to look at the prices, I think that we would be better off if either my husband or I knew how to hunt. The prices are more scary each month.

I pray that God helps us come together to elect a president and congress with our needs in mind instead to the wants of those who would love to permanently destroy our freedom and take us back to the horse and buggy when we would be forced to hunt and fish or starve.

No comments:

Post a Comment