Friday, December 16, 2011

Like a Ski Lodge



The quality of this picture is quite bad, but I really wanted a shot of all us 'girls' in front to this restaurant where we ate on Monday night. It was unfamiliar to me, but I was told they have the blue lights up year round...it's not a Christmas display.  The way it is perched up on a hill gives credence to the look of a ski lodge in the Rocky Mountains.  Inside, if I didn't know better, I would have thought we were in Colorado.  The architecture was of a ski lodge with big  heavy rafters and heavy beams.  And there was a huge and very cool chandelier of moose racks.    There was a large painting of a moose in a frame.  

Our dining room was also cold.   After we had been there about an hour, a lady asked us how everything was for us. We had been freezing the whole time. Sali had gone to fetch her coat and I had draped a shawl across my lap, but we had not complained too much and were trying to enjoy our friends. Well, it was an easy fix. They had a door open in the kitchen...guess it gets pretty hot back there.  With it closed  the draft was stopped and we were able to relax the rest of the evening. 

The food was superb and I would like to go again some time.

Back to the picture. We didn't all arrive at the same time, so we decided to take a picture after dinner.  However at that time, no one was really interested in standing out in the cold to get a shot.  So, I took the liberty of putting two pictures together. The later was taken at Jane's ill lit house by her tree.  Oh, and her dog Daisy was happy to pose with us.  I left it dark since we were supposed to be outside there at the lodge.  But there was another complication.  If the picture had been lightened enough to make it look good, it would have been grainy.  It's just for fun.  But I think I'll keep the black and blue picture of blue Canyon. It is very interesting with its reflection on the wet parking lot.


No comments:

Post a Comment