Thursday, January 12, 2012

Caught


This squirrel is taking food from the birds.  They have had this feeder to themselves for years. I've always wondered why it wasn't robbed before.  The other one is emptied almost as fast as I fill it. I had decided it was just because this one is so close to the house and this window.  However as I sat here early in the morning, I glanced up and there he was.  Actually this is the fifth picture I took of him before I rapped on the window and he skedaddled.  The first pic shows him upside down, perpendicular to the ground below, his tail straight up in the air.  It would have been a great picture, had he been on this side of the feeder.     Later in the afternoon, there he was again!  This time I rapped. I rapped. I rapped again and nothing. He just kept eating. So I ran outside barking like a dog.  You should have seen him jump.  He left that feeder swinging and throwing seed all over the place.  Guess I'll have to get a real dog.

Our cat, Chipper has been known to eat squirrels, but she isn't interested in going out when it is cold.  She settles for a mix of dry with a smidgeon of canned food. Guess it isn't so bad.

When all was quiet again, I found out Ron was talking on the phone through my dogspeak.  Glad it was just a neighbor on the other end who already knows I'm crazy.

This world is not my home.

In John 14:2 Jesus said,
"My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you?"


John 14:3
And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.



This world is NOT my home, nor yours.  There is a better place waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment