Sunday, February 12, 2012

Birthday Party 1950


I have email addresses for two of the girls  here and had fun sharing these 'lost' pictures from over 60 years ago. The one who was only 1 at the time didn't recognize anyone, including herself. But she did pick out her brother from one of the other pictures after I said he was there.

 I know where most of these people are.  We were  close neighbors.  We got started together without TVs. But I believe by this time there were a couple in the neighborhood. I remember several families at a time gathering to watch any given show.   For those of you who don't go back that far, you are really missing out.  Yes you may have 65 inch screens in 3D now, but you do not have the camaraderie we enjoyed with our neighbors.

It was a perfect place  to grow up because we couldn't get away with anything. If I did something that would not be approved by my parents, they soon found out, because one of the neighbors would tell them and I would get spanked...Yes, and I lived through it. I didn't get punished often though, because I knew what was expected of me and the what the consequences were as well.

I'm sorry to say that has changed.  Most don't want to get involved.  Teachers get blamed if I child misbehaves in school. No one wants to say that he/she was wrong. It is always someone else's fault. No one wants to take responsibility for his/her own actions. It is a sad state of affairs.

Even our president wants to blame the last one for the mess he himself has made of our economy.

No comments:

Post a Comment