Monday, March 26, 2012

Schwinn Bike




These pictures were taken on  Easter in the early 50's. My dad didn't start me out with training wheels and a little bike. I had to learn to ride this big bike just the way it was. I did it. As I look back, I don't know how. I was so afraid that either Mom or Dad had to run along side of me...they were supposedly holding me up right.  However, it wasn't long until they were not holding at all and I was doing find...as long as I thought they were doing their job.   Finally, i realized it was I who has riding that bike and doing just fine.
Look Mom, no helmet. It is a wonder that we never heard of someone getting a head injury from a bike wreck.  We survived many skinned knees and sometimes palms, but our heads are still in tact.  

But these days, everyone is so overly safety cautious...except for those who text and drive...that no child will be left behind, without a bike helmet.
I received pictures today of our little grandson, Caleb, in his helmet. It is the cutest one I've ever seen.   I hope  to have a layout for tomorrow night of him in that brightly colored head protector.
Just a few sentences to bring some sanity into our lives:
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them; and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work, because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that is the beginning of the end of any nation.


No comments:

Post a Comment