Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Family Time with Wall-E



It was a tradition in our home, while John was growing up, to go to the movies on Friday night.  Of course, that didn't start until he was able to sit through a show. I remember the first time I took him, I  had to walk out with him crying.  Even though that was 1n 1982 and the theater is now gone,  I can still see the hallway to the restroom and the man standing there by the men's room and the crying little one in my arms.  I guess you could say it was traumatic to leave such an impression. Thankfully, It was early enough that they gave us tickets for another time.

TV screens are so much bigger now than they were at that time and staying home can be much more comfortable sometimes. John, Beth and Caleb enjoyed this movie, Wall- E, on their own television.

As an old grandmother several states away from our youngest grandchildren, I had no idea what it was about.  But, when I googled the name, I came up with lots of images to brighten up the layout.

1982 was much different than today...the main thing being, we had a wonderful president.  He was elected by a wide margin after the preceding president, Jimmy Carter, had ruined the economy with his 'progressive' agenda.  We are up against the same thing this year.  I pray that the present 'progressive' smooth talker is soundly trounced in the election.

It is more and more  difficult to use that word 'progressive'.  That is the word the left prefers, but it has grown into something even worse...a lot worse.

God save us.

No comments:

Post a Comment