Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Monster Carrots



Have you ever in your life seen carrots this big? I have not. I've been calling them Atomic Carrots.  Why would a farmer grow these gigantic vegetables?  Do horses eat them or what?  Ron came home with the story that they are good for juicing, which is what Ron is doing again.  The last time was years ago, when he juiced only carrots and quit when he turned orange.  This time, he's including many more vegetables and an occasional apple.

The fellow who introduced him to juicing the last time was what I call a health food nut.  Don't get me wrong, I think God put good foods on this earth for us to eat to our health in moderation.  Overdosing on any one food can't be that great  for a person.  Back to the story... the friend was a wonderful man with a loving personality.  We were saddened when he was diagnosed with cancer.  On his death bed, he told my husband..."forget everything I said. When you eat,  eat in moderation and ask the Lord's blessing."

It's been many years since then and another friend reintroduced Ron to this type of diet a couple of months ago.

The title of this layout was meant to be funny. I did not send Ron out to buy carrots or anything else. He went willingly on his own to replenish his supply of veggies for his juice machine.  He has found a place which, he says, sells  these foods for 1/2 the price. I'm not sure that is right.  But, he is happy.

There is a new song that, in my opinion, you will want to hear and perhaps even buy.  You can listen to it here.  Enjoy it and pass it on so that others may come to know it.

2 comments:

  1. Oh that is hysterical! Those are HUGE!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. John asked if he found them next to that river of green sludge and if they glow in the dark. lol

    ReplyDelete