Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Estes Park, Colorado



I have always loved mountains.  From the time I was a young girl  all the way through college, when my family took vacations, we always went to the mountains. The ocean and sun didn't mean that much to me.

 Ron  grew up loving the beach.   So marrying Ron changed the destinations of my trips.
He didn't much care for the idea of going to the mountains, but we had an opportunity to check them out and I think he likes them now.

 I like the beach as long as I can stay under an umbrella and keep cool during the heat of the day and walk the beaches in the evening as the sun goes down over the water.

When we are in Colorado, the mountains are always a lure.  We had been to Estes before, but we were happy to return last month.  This time we took the back way.  Beth's cousin lives in the house next to the telephone pole on your right side of the layout.  It has a delightful view of the Rockies Mountain National Park.

The smaller picture shows John, Beth and Caleb where the river runs rapidly through the town of Estes Park.


In the news: Obama first president to run against capitalism.

No comments:

Post a Comment