Thursday, July 19, 2012

The End is Near



The saying is, you are as old as you feel. I've  taken that a bit further and say, "You are as old as you want to be".  Sometimes, we might not feel really young, but we want to do something youngish anyway.  I had been wanting to go to Cedar Point for quite some time, so when I was able to take the triplets, I was elated. Now a certain member of our family doesn't want to be young and hasn't for at least 20 years, so I need the kids for an excuse to go out and play a little.  We left him home.





Just this month I first got the news that the Space Spiral and the Disaster Transport are in their last season and will then be removed from the park to make way for a new winged roller coaster. Read more here .
I feel privileged to say I  rode the Space Spiral Tower in its last season.  Greg and the triplets also climbed aboard the Disaster Transport. If I had known at the time that it would be gone after this year, I would have ridden it as well.
When I was much younger I feared the sky ride, but was able to free myself of that phobia by making myself do it a few times. It is the best way to get an overview of where everything in the park is located.
Greg, the kids and I were in that 'basket'.  Chelle was the photographer.
I didn't ride Ocean Motion, but got lots of pictures, none of which are worthy of a scrapbook page.

Well now you know that the END IS NEAR for the two rides at the park. I'm hoping and praying that the end is near for Barak Obama's presidency and the do nothing (but bad) Democrats in congress. That will not happen if we don't get out the vote.  If you are considering not voting because you don't really like either presidential candidate, think about this:  We have seen what Obama has done. Things just keep getting worse.  He is spending us into oblivion. We must have a change.  This time we need a change for the better.  We MUST vote him out.

No comments:

Post a Comment