Friday, August 3, 2012

Delightful



It is a rarity for me to have fresh flowers in my house. I'm sure that in the 45 years this month that we've been married, I could count on one hand the number of times I have had fresh flowers in my house. 
We had four kids right from the start and therefore lots of responsibility. I didn't want money wasted on flowers. I'm not sure I haven't 'grown out' of that; but I surely do appreciate them. And these have been especially healthy and long lived.  I love the bright yellow that gives  a delightfully sunny feel to the room. I just feel spoiled.

And why do I come to have these wonderful blossoms brightening my life this week?  A special friend very thoughtfully shared flowers with me. I didn't do anything to deserve them. I have no other reason to celebrate, yet they are here...a complete surprise; and I am grateful.
  


No comments:

Post a Comment