Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Relax


Relax is a word that should be in everyone's mind when having a picture taken. You are the person your friends and family see when you relax. If you are super conscious of the camera and become tense, the lens does not capture the real you. If you don't like the way you look in pictures, then it is even more important that  you learn to relax.  Then even if you don't like your picture, others will, because they like you for who you are, not for how you would like to look. And you will probably never like your own pictures.

As it says on the layout, it is difficult for me to get a good picture of John, for he generally puts on a silly face or a tense one. His smile is what I regularly see and love. I was blessed to get these shots in April when we visited him at  his and Beth's home in Ft Collins. 

It was a satisfying and joyful day today at Chick-Fil-A. We celebrated freedom of speech by standing in line for 45 minutes to eat lunch at our favorite Chick-Fil-A in Cuyahoga Falls in support of their founder who stated at a Baptist meeting that he still believes in the Biblical definition of marriage between one man and a woman. And in response he was told that his Chick-Fil-A was not welcome in Boston, Chicago or San Francisco. 

It is a good thing we set out early to do our part, because by the time we got to the door, the line built up behind us. I would guess there were at least 30 people lined up outside at all times. The drive though line was solid. Even when we, arriving early, had to park across the street in the plaza parking lot.  The support was solid. And it was amazing how well business was conducted by all those working with big smiles and friendly voices. 

We heard later that the anti- freedom of speech side, (that is anti freedom for those who disagree with them) wants to show their freedom to kiss in restaurants on Friday. I believe in that freedom as well...even though I would not approve of it for myself or my family. They still have the right to kiss in public, at least as far as I know. I have no desire to do that, so I haven't tried. I'm just hoping that no one pays any attention to them. Generally children will discontinue attention getting behavior when they see that no one is looking.  Although, I think I would warn my young children before taking them out to eat on Friday that there might be some silly people who might be kissing each other to get attention. How yucky!


No comments:

Post a Comment