Monday, October 29, 2012

Let It Snow


Caleb was at Laughing Buck Farm for his farm class, while the ground was covered with snow. I think he has adapted to the snow quite well and he really enjoys his class.  

The little  girl in the foreground of this picture is Amanda. And she has a green jacket as well.  I love these bright  lime green jackets and will have to take a picture of me with mine to show Caleb how we match. 

This is Day 32 of our 40 days of prayer leading up to the election. We are in the midst of the 'Perfect Storm'. I'm trying to decide if this is part of God's answer to our prayers.  However, I suppose I'll have to wait to see how it all plays out. 

I know that God loves us and has been listening to our fervent prayer for revival of our nation.  But while knowing God is a loving God, I also know of the other side, the side that finally has enough and no longer tolerates disobedience.  Think of Sodom and Gomorah. He destroyed them because of their wicked ways. He warned  them.  They didn't change. He rained fire upon them and obliterated both. He saved only Lot and his family.  Then when Lot's wife looked back on the city, she was turned to a pillar of salt.

God is God.  He is all knowing and good.  He does what is best for us, but sometimes it involves discipline. Let's not give Him reason to be angry with us. Whenever we sin, and we will, let us be sorry and try even harder to avoid things that go against His loving nature.  

We must even love our enemies.

Matthew 5:44
"But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;"

Pray for our president.





No comments:

Post a Comment