Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Making Room


For seven years we have lived here with plenty of room...that is, empty space, but not enough seating for  dinner guests.

When our friends, Layton and Teresa, moved to Texas, we bought the table they had gotten early in their marriage. It is old, but it's just what we needed. You can see in this picture that we've kept our old table.  With both of them, we can seat 14. Of course, if we use counter stools  that will still add more room.  And then when the weather is warmer, there is room on the screened porch.  

These last couple or weeks, I've been wanting to find time to recover the chairs. I had bought enough to do six chairs when we moved here, and did. I could save by covering 6 with that fabric and the  arm chairs with something complimentary.  However, it wasn't to be.  I couldn't find anything that matched well enough.

Now, I call this a 'God thing' ... I had gone to JoAnn's searching for a match. One of my best friends, who has a super decorating talent, tapped me on the shoulder. Hmmmm. She was miles from her home, but was on a search of her own.  I mentioned my plight and she gladly helped me choose a pattern to cover all eight chairs.  

For the layout here, I used my fabric I had tried to match as a background.  Later, I will show you the fabric we chose at JoAnn's and the chairs. I think they turned out beautifully.  And of course, I am thanking Sali for that.

A side affect is two wounds on my right hand and left arm, where I managed to gouge myself with a screwdriver while removing staples and another injury from wielding needle nose pliers. Needless to say, I am not an accomplished upholsterer.  But we're still pleased with the results.


I am still trying to adjust  to  the last election. This  was the verse of the day on Bible Gateway yesterday.  "I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people- for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness.  I Timothy 2: 1-2

If you would like, you can go to www.Biblegateway.com and subscribe to Verse of the Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment