Saturday, November 24, 2012

We give Thanks


I am thankful that April's husband gave me the opportunity to be a great grandmother. Jerod, Tim's son, and his wife, Hope have a two year old named Sammy.  And here he is. What a cute little guy he is. His family, which will grow by one in the spring, was at April's and Tim's house with us on Thanksgiving.  We also had our granddaughter Lauren and her boyfriend, Pat. The number was  rounded out with Boo, April's cat and Gracie, Hope's dog.

Of course a lot of attention went to Sammy. No one else there could pull off 'cute' the way he can.

When we weren't eating...and that wasn't much, some of  the most adventurous among us went for a walk (that was April, Hope and Sammy) we put together a puzzle and did higher tech things  like using laptops, iPads, iPhones, iPods (I'm not sure about that one.)  coffee makers and toaster ovens.  We were introduced to the Roku.  But this non-techy one still doesn't understand what it is or why it is.

We are very thankful for the blessings our God has given us. We are thankful for each other. 

I, the one with the camera...I had three with me counting the iPhone...took very few pictures, none of April at all.  Either she was buzzing around the kitchen at too great a speed to be caught or she dodged the camera well.  Before we left the next morning, I tried to get a picture of her and Tim, but she declined because she had no makeup.  She is definitely a natural beauty, so I don't get it, but I respect her wishes and will just take multiples next time we are together...should be Christmas.



No comments:

Post a Comment