Thursday, December 27, 2012

Cart Before the Horse



As the old saying goes, I'm getting the cart before the horse tonight. The layout is of Ron and me holding up the ornaments that Caleb made for us using the ingredients applesauce and cinnamon.
Now I don't know if those were the only things he used. All I'm going on are the pictures Beth took of him emptying huge jars of those two things into a very large mixing bowl.   I have been wanting to make a  couple or more pages of him pouring, mixing, cutting and placing the ornaments on a baking sheet.  But as you know, I've been moving slowly because of my back and then I caught a cold that didn't want to quit.  I'm still behind, but trying to catch up with layouts at least.  Since I really hadn't made any layouts of Ron and myself that is at all Christmasy, I finally did this one today. 

This morning was the first time this year that Ron had to plow before going to the Y.  But he got up early enough to do it and was only 5 minutes later for his gabfest than usual.   We've had a little rain so some snow melted. We already had at least 2 inches less than our friends who live 15-20 miles north of us.  

Tonight when we  got ready to go out to eat, I put on my tall boots. Ron thought they were new. And they are, in a way.  I had bought them last year, but we never had enough snow to wear them. Because they wasn't much snow last year,  I didn't get to build a snowman and I'm looking forward  to  playing in the cold stuff this winter.

I'm not sure how much coverage this is getting in the news, but a newspaper in New York has published the names and addresses of all gun permit owners in four counties of that state. Not sure how you might feel about that...there are many conflicting views, but for one thing, it is an invasion of privacy. It lets everyone know who might have a legal gun.  That could be good or bad depending on what way one is looking at it.

Now what interests me is that a blogger, out of revenge, has published the names, addresses and phone numbers of the eleven news persons responsible for revealing gun permit owners.  Even though as a Christian we are not to seek revenge, it makes me chuckle.




No comments:

Post a Comment