Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Barns



Don't know  why...it must be something from my youth...I love barns. I like red barns and white  barns, new barns and especially old barns that are showing their age with sagging roofs and bare walls.  

On the way to see our daughter in eastern, PA, we pass through some beautiful farmland, much of it Amish.  I snapped many barns on our trip across Pennsylvania the day before Thanksgiving this fall.  I captured an unusual site as well, with the Amish fellow driving a tractor. That's fairly rare. Most still rely on horses to do their work. 

 I have suggested to my husband that we move to Amish country here in OH. His comment was, you couldn't make it one day.  And he is right.  They do work hard... very hard. But I still admire their simplicity.

And the Amish have minimal contact with government. They are totally independent.  We, on the other hand, are continually up against rules and regulations and especially taxation.

We are living on social security,  yet we would not want to see those who make the most get trounced with even more taxes than they pay now. In this country, they already pay much more than in other places.  The president's plan to raise taxes on the rich would bring in only enough money to fund the federal government for nine days.   

No comments:

Post a Comment