Monday, December 3, 2012

Tornado Cylinder



I really got a kick out of these cute pictures. Caleb really liked the tornado cylinder at the  Discovery Museum.  The wind blew at 78.3 mph. At least that is what the gauge on the wall says.

I got a little science lesson myself when I looked up the word velocity, thinking I could use that and speed interchangeably.  That is not the case and while I think I understand this,  I could never explain it as well as the exact definition  does.  You might want to read that definition on the layout itself.

Whatever definition you use of  wind speed or  velocity, you want to make sure you are not blown around by the wind, but that you are standing on solid ground with your base sturdy.  You don't want to be a person who is blown about first to the left and then the right.  Read widely, especially the Bible and use your own brain to make decisions. Don't just accept everything you read or see on TV. Some are very good with convincing speech that when examined is pretty much spin. Many will use  complete lies to support their agendas.  In this day when we are encouraged to conform, it is even more important to be able to hold our own.

My prayer for my grandchildren is this:  that they  inform themselves, because history repeats itself. But most of all, I pray they will get a basic understanding of the God of the Bible, so that they will be able to justly make decisions in a way to keep themselves safe and in the grace of God.


No comments:

Post a Comment