Friday, January 11, 2013

It's Like a Nightmare





Since I am so far behind on scrapping my pictures and I've had a rough day, I just decided to have a little fun with this one. 

We went to Phyllis' house last week for a  little after Christmas, Christmas party.  I chose the setting for this picture poorly and in order to salvage the pose, I had to get creative. So, I decided to put us in a new setting...one that is more in tune with the season. It probably would have been better if we were all wearing elves outfits, but that was a little far fetched for all of us, but Robin, who can pull off that roll quite successfully. 


Now, for why I had such a rough day...Ron talked me into going to the Y for water arthritic exercises. It changed my definition of hell!  I'd say more about that, but I can't risk being sued  by the Y for defamation.

Actually, I just hadn't thought far enough ahead and totally messed up while I was there. I was so embarrassed that I have said I'll not go back, but I probably will with a little encouragement on the home front.  However if I can't get it to a place where it is less time consuming, I might decide to chop the ice in the lake and do those exercises  right here.

Okay, although it was a totally strange occasion for me, I will tell you the very worst thing that happened.  However, I might drop a line about this day every now and then for the rest of my life.

The worst thing is.......... in the locker room there were a million empty lockers and I had to choose one.  They loaned me a key lock, since I hadn't thought to take one. I chose a locker that I knew I could remember.  It was my house number! Now wasn't that clever?  Okay, so I got dressed in my swimsuit, put my clothes, etc in the locker and locked it.  So far, so good...as far as I knew.

After class I went  into that same locker room. Whereas there were three of us in there when I came, the place was full when I came out. I glanced around to see my something borrowed, something blue lock. There was no blue lock ANYWHERE!  So, I started searching for my house number. I found it just fine, but it had no lock on it. I opened it and there was someone else's  things in it.  I went into shock.  A lady came up to me and I said,  'My lock is gone and someone's things are in my locker."  She said, that is my locker and they cut the lock off it.
I was so stunned, it was like a nightmare. It didn't feel real. I was there in a large locker room, so not me,at my age with a lot of people I had never seen before and hoped to never see again. I still couldn't get it to register. Then she told me my things were in the next locker. I opened it and there they were. I didn't get that either. How did she know where my things were? I still don't know that. I'm just glad I hadn't brought in anything of value and they had held my car keys at the desk until I brought back  the lock.

I have spent LOTS of time trying to figure out how that  happened today and wondering how I can avoid driving by the Y in case someone might be standing out front there who would recognize me. lol

1 comment:

  1. They have assigned lockers at the Y? Why in the world would the Y employees cut the lock off if it hadn't even been on for more than 24 hours? Did they woman think that her stuff was in the locker and then possibly lost the key? unbelievable! That is absolutely unacceptable! I would have complained big time to the manager.

    ReplyDelete