Monday, February 25, 2013

Identify With the Elephant


John boosted Caleb up on his shoulder to help him get a better look at the elephant.

 I'm hoping he gets a good impression of elephants, because many in his family relate in some way to those big pachyderms.  

As one of those people who would like to see the country head in a direction of freedom instead of slavery, I identify myself with the elephant politically.

Early this year, we unsubscribed to our local newspaper because it was so disheartening every day to read the platitudes of the left stated as fact.  However, I started missing the small  news articles about little things that were going on around town.  I also missed the comics, which can cheer my at times when I'd really just like to sell everything and move to the moon.

I've been fortunate to have good neighbors who feel sorry for me and let me recycle their newsprint.
As I hurriedly read these used newspapers in catch up mode, I have come to admire Mark Twain even more. It was he who said,  "If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed, if you do read the newspaper you are misinformed." That is quite true today.


No comments:

Post a Comment