Saturday, June 29, 2013

Bittersweet


Yesterday, three of us girls had lunch together. It was the first time we had done that. For several years now, Karen and I have seen each other at Curves, not our favorite hangout, but one made more to our liking by Connie who has worked there faithfully and dependably for the last 9 years.

Over the years, we have talked about our goings and comings, our adventures, and day to day trivia. We have told our woes, We have consoled one another and laughed like crazy people.  

Connie and I share a special kinship.  She is my sister in Christ.

We will all miss her. She promises to come back and work out with us. And I'm hoping we'll plan many more lunches in the future.

So, my brothers and sisters, you also died to the law through the body of Christ, that you might belong to another, to him who was raised from the dead, in order that we might bear fruit for God.


No comments:

Post a Comment