Thursday, July 4, 2013

Independence Day 2013

Even though this picture was taken back in May of this year, it fits the color scheme for today's activities. 

 I haven't done any layouts yet for this fantastic day, but I do have some shots I took as we sat lakeside here watching the neighbor's set off their fireworks display in the area where Sandy Beach Amusement park was when I was a young child. This has become a yearly event in the neighborhood. Last year, I watched them from my window here by the computer. 

As we celebrate our independence from Britain today, many in Egypt are demonstrating their abhorrence of our country, particularly our president,  for supporting the Muslim Brotherhood over the peace loving  majority in that country. 

Check  here for that story.




No comments:

Post a Comment