Wednesday, July 3, 2013

When is a violin a fiddle?


When is a violin a fiddle? I ask this because I haven't taken the time to google it and some how I have reached 70 and still don't know.

In any case, the story isn't much about the instrument, but about the girl with a rash. This is Ashley (I'll get to see her soon.) and she had broken out in a rash with an allergy to sulfa drugs. I, her gramma, suffered the same fate when I was a little girl.  She is fine now, but when the picture was taken she wasn't feeling great.  However, she didn't stay at home, but went to a scout meeting where she had the opportunity to 'play' a violin. She looks to me like she should maybe take lessons, but I'm not sure she is interested in the proposition.  I think instead that she is just fiddling around.

Puppy news: I had a traumatic couple of hours this morning with Maggie. She wanted to chew on my legs which were bare below my capri length pj's.  She kept attacking, grabbing those legs and shaking them. Her little sharp teeth stung my old thin skinned ankles. Finally natural  consequences helped. As I walked, she was caught between my legs and first thrown right and then immediately left. It frightened her enough that she went directly to her crate for protection. After her nap she was a much better dog the rest of the day. She was rewarded with a treat multiple times today for 'going' outdoors.

She also learned very quickly the command, 'Come'. That will be a blessing, as up to now, I would lose her in the house and have to search everywhere to find her.

By the way, Obamacare had a set-back today.  Medium and large companies have another year until 2015 before they have to provide coverage for their workers or face fines. I  pray it will be struck down before it completely kills business in this country.


No comments:

Post a Comment