Friday, August 30, 2013

Happy Birthday, Jill


After emailing back and forth for some time, we came up with a time that most of us could get together.  Phyllis missed it since she was flying and I missed our life group to be there at O'Charley's to celebrate Jill's birthday, which was the next day. It was special to have her here since she moved to the hot state of Texas the beginning of June.

Now women celebrate their birthdays, but not necessarily their ages. Some of us had been counting backward for some time. However, I quit that. There comes a time when you figure you have earned all those wrinkles and grey hairs.

While Jill certainly looks to be the youngest one in the picture, I'm not sure. I don't dwell on age and thus do not remember the ages of my friends...except for two however, who are a few months younger than I am and who are constantly telling me that I am the oldest one of us.

Women as a whole are secretive with their ages.

Well there are lots of things that should be a secret. One that comes to my mind right now is where and when you are going to strike if you are going to war. It wouldn't be a good idea to announce when you will be fighting and where...how large your army will be and the weapons you plan to use. But we are actually in that state right now. It's like an invitation to play a game of football or something. CRAZY!

No comments:

Post a Comment