Sunday, November 3, 2013

Ghost of Halloween Past


This is as scary as I like to get. I dressed up like an old teenager for the party at Curves. I think I may have told you that. Anyway, when I started the layout, I decided on the name and thus the ghost.

I must make sure you know that I do not believe in ghosts, except for the Holy Ghost which lives within every Christian and guides our way. How do I know that? It is in the Holy Scriptures:

1 Corinthians 6:19

New International Version (NIV)
19 Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own;

The Holy Spirit entered us when we were baptized.

Acts 2:38
New International Version (NIV)
38 Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Acts 5:32
New International Version (NIV)
32 We are witnesses of these things, and so is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey him.”

What does the Holy Spirit do for us?

Romans 5:5

New International Version (NIV)
And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit,who has been given to us.

2 Timothy 1:14

New International Version (NIV)
14 Guard the good deposit that was entrusted to you—guard it with the help of the Holy Spirit who lives in us.

John 14:26

New International Version (NIV)

26 But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.


While I do not believe in ghosts, I do very much know the Holy Spirit that resides within me.

Luke 12:10
And everyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who blasphemes against theHoly Spirit will not be forgiven.

* Blaspheme: blas·pheme
blasˈfēm,ˈblasˌfēm/
verb
3rd person present: blasphemes
  1. 1.
    speak irreverently about God or sacred things.
    "he has blasphemed against God"


No comments:

Post a Comment